Thursday, October 21, 2010

Metallic Embossed Purse

This beautiful embossed metal and paper purse by Kathi Anderson was embossed on pewter metal from MercartUSA. Kathi travels and teaches in New Mexico and has an upcoming class at China Phoenix in Albuquerque on November 6, so if you are lucky enough to be in that area ...that is where it is happening. (She also reps my stencils in Missouri and Western Texas.) She used the new flower stencil with the flourishing vines and leaves (LJ902). Although the pewter is somewhat pricey, Kathi says that she is able to put the metal with the stencil through the Big Shot embossing machine. Then she adds more detail work with tools that she reps from MercartUSA. If you have more questions she will be staying tuned with your comments and will make a point of answering any questions.

11 comments:

Kristi said...

this is amazing. How do we get some cool metal to play with! LOL Do we have a pattern for the purse?

Deborah March said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah March said...

WOW!! This is AMAZING!!! Off to check pewter sheets! :-)

Anonymous said...

This pattern came from an old DIY Carol Duval
episode. You might be able to find it in the
archives.

Louise said...

Truly stunning!!

Wendy said...

This is so adorable!! Love it!!!

Kristi said...

all I can say is WOW!!! I love the metal. My problem is I love EVERYTHING!!!! This is why I am now taking over 2 rooms in the house!!!!

Miss Mary said...

Wow..this is beautiful!
TFS
Scrap n' Stamp.

Pam Hornschu said...

Okay, now I have to break out my metal sheets again. Good thing that I didn't get rid of them.
Kathi, will this work with a Big Shot, or do you have to do it all by hand?

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the Big Shot. I don't have
one. I used the Wizard with a very thin
embossing mat that I got from My Favorite
Things. They have a set of 2..a thicker
and the very thin. I would think it would
work with any machine. The trick would be
the silicon embossing mat. Hope this helps.

Laura Drahozal said...

Wow, this is really incredible! I would love to have a purse like that!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive