Friday, November 26, 2010

BLACK FRIDAY

On my last post I used black velvet paper and had so much fun with it that I decided to try it again. I paste-embossed the ornament stencil (LG674) with Metallic Copper Embossing Paste, removed the stencil and while the design was still wet I used a waterfall technique to sprinkle the ornament holder with copper glitter. Next I turned the paper the opposite way and with the same waterfall technique applied the aqua glitter. I set it onto my electric pancake griddle with a very low heat setting so it would dry quickly. In about 20 min. I replaced the ornament stencil and paste-embossed the horse/sleigh stencil (LL388) with the Matte Black Embossing Paste. Then I carefully placed the Merry Christmas stencil (LM134) at the bottom and paste-embossed it with a special mixture of 1 Tablespoon of Pearlescent Embossing Paste and 1/4" teaspoon of Navajo Blue Metallic F/X. Because this last stencil has very fine lines it dried in just a few minutes on the warm griddle. The large blue bow made of wired ribbon added the finishing touch for a very "Blue Blue Christmas".

6 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Lynell,

I love this card. Everything blue is just stunning, and makes it so non-traditional. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Linda E.

Kristi said...

I love this card. I love layering the embossing paste...gives so much deminsion. I also love to add color to the pearl paste...so classy! Great work oh queen of the stencil world! YOU ROCK!

Liz Martin said...

Lynell, it's beautiful, and nice job on the bow, too! The search is on for black velvet paper so I can give this a try.

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

Love this card - I actually like blue for Christmas and this is beautiful!

Pam Hornschu said...

Ooooh, love that on the velvet paper!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive