Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Could be a Christmas card? ...

...or it could be a special occasion card. This simple yet "effective" card by Louise Healy, was done using the pearlescent embossing paste on the Hallelujah stencil (LM2007). One of the things that adds to the beauty of this card is the use of the beautiful paper from Hanko Designs. The background paper has an almost vintage feel to it. But other than the triple mounting that was done to this creation, the time involved is minimal. Great for some of us who lead very busy lives. You could create three or four of these and have them on hand for celebratory moments, like when a special friend has good medical news or when your daughter hears that she passed her boards or when the hubbie gets a raise at work....well you get the idea. It doesn't have to be a Christmas card, but it could.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Actually, I made this card, but Elaine has been my mentor over the years, so it probably looks like one she would have made!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Ok...Louise! I am sooo sorry.., but the amazing thing is that I always thought it was your card and then when I went to my digital file to post it, someone ( we won't mention any names Lol, ok since Wayne never reads any of my comments etc. we can mention his name...it always works to blame someone who can't defend themselves) digitally filed it under Elaine's initials. Hmmm! I should have gone with my gut and given you a call. Next time I will know better. But you are right...you and Elaine both do beautiful work so good of you to think of it as a compliment! Now I had better edit this. Thanks! L

Post a Comment

Blog Archive