Saturday, March 1, 2014

Answering the Challenge

Sandi R. has taken me at my word and emailed me two cards for the February Flutters Challenge. The first beautiful card features the running horses stencil (LL559). I love the embellishments too Sandi! The stencil was paste-embossed with metallic gold embossing paste. Then she darkened the manes and hooves with a sharpie marker and tapped an ink pad at the base for desert-like hills. Once it was dry she added a couple of layers of clear embossing powder on top of the horses for a faux cloixonné effect.  

Her second card is fluttering leaves (LJ906) done again with the metallic gold embossing paste. Then she did the red leaves with the faux cloisonn é technique. She then cut them out and placed them on the gold embossed leaves. The live love laugh stencils (LL403) were used for the sentiments using a couple of different colors of paste smoothed together as they were applied. Gorgeous job on both cards, Sandi. I will enter your name twice for the random drawing this week.

Sandi shared with me that she promotes recycling and she used the navy blue cardstock that the stencils come on to create her cards this week. Thanks for the tip!

Sandi asked me if I knew of a way of joining the challenges without having a blog. I know maintaining a blog and creating it can be beyond some of our technical abilities as well as a time sucking venture. My husband joins some challenges by having a Flickr account. It doesn't cost anything and is only available to those people that you link it to. So you could link to our challenges whenever you want. Go to Flickr.com to find out more.

4 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Great card designs Sandy! Love the added effects to the running horses and the tailored embellishment at the bottom of the card. LOVE the idea of re-using the navy blue packaging that DW stencils come in...genius! The background against the copper/gold leaves is stunning! TFS

Louise said...

Wow Sandi, both of these cards are beautiful! You can just feel the wind of the running horses and I love the layered leaves!

Heidi Erickson said...

Beautiful cards. I love the way you added the ground for the horses to run on. I can see them running!

SherylH said...

Thanks for a beautiful technique to use the wonderful fluttering leafs stencil!

Post a Comment