Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Thanking "the rose" for playing along!

I love it when someone who doesn't have a blog takes me at my word and sends an email with a creation to join the challenge.

Rose sent this beautiful creation and here is how she created this "March Madness" card in her own words:

"The madness part is using the Grafix rub-on. I’ve had it for years but broke it out for this challenge. 

The shell (LM104) is done with the molten magic technique using Tim Holtz distress inks and translucent embossing paste. The sentiment is done on the computer and then printed on the rub-on sheet. A glue sheet is applied to the back and then the sentiment is cut out as close as possible the plastic backing is removed, the rub-on applied to the card stock and then the top plastic cover peeled off (and not easily I might add!!). I was pleased with the result. I then mounted it on cardstock which was run through an embossing folder and mounted on the card."

Very clever Rose, I have never hear of the Grafix rub-on material. I love that sentiment too! How true! It's cool to hear that people are digging into their stash and finding time to use it.

We still have time left in our challenge so if you don't have a blog and become inspired I am ready to add your creation right here. Just send me an email with a picture and a brief description (or lengthy if you desire) and I will post it here for you. lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com

If you do have a blog and came by to post for the monthly challenge scroll down to last Thursdays post and link up with the linky tool. More instructions there if you need it.

5 comments:

Lea said...

Rose, this is just beautiful! I'm so glad you played along with us. I've never heard of Grafix but you can bet I'm going to find out more about it! Again, your card is lovely, wonderful job!

Katia said...

is a fantastic card!

Lyn B said...

Rose, this is indeed a lovely card and sentiment! TFS

Laura Drahozal said...

Beautiful and classy! Thanks for playing along!

Terrece said...

Wow Rose! I love your card!! Very soft and peaceful! Keep playing your idea is fabulous!!

Post a Comment