Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday's Dream Schemes: Week #3 of the March Madness Challenge

These foxes come in two sizes LL3030 and small LM2016
Last week I did an extra little challenge, it was for those of you who read to the end of my blog and leave comments for my team.  There are three winners: Amante del Papel, Janis and Rose S. I will be sending you a special stencil of MY choosing....so email me your snail mail addys and I will get your prize stencil to you ASAP! 

Thank you,  Pam Hornschu, (head of our Dream it UP team) for coming up with something new and interesting for challenges each month. I am really enjoying posting this month for the March Madness/Anything Goes Challenge

AND....I have loved seeing so many wonderful creations as each of you are meeting that challenge. Thank you for joining us.

Click HERE to learn how to link up to the linky tool if you need some help.

My post this Thursday is all about a created card from my friend Polly Weed. Polly traveled for many years doing rubber stamp shows and selling my stencils under the business name "Polly's Pals" and she still has an online presence. Polly does wonderful work with our stencils using them with pastels and the regular embossing paste (DEP). We sometimes refer to this paste as the maroon label embossing paste.
This paste is available in an 8oz. DEPL and DEP  4oz.

It is matte white and has two properties that make it perfect for Polly's stenciling style. Number one it is porous and is wonderful to stencil on top of and number two it is porous and is wonderful to stencil under. How does that work? Well, this is how she does it:

The first step is to stencil the paper with pastels. Really important in this first procedure is that after you load the brush ( and don't overdo the loading ) tap the brush onto a paper towel and then with a circular rouging motion stencil off the outer edge of the stencil design moving the pastel a bit at time toward the center. Don't get overzealous...easy does it. Once you have stenciled the fox stencil (LL3030) the next step is to paste-emboss the fox with the aforementioned regular embossing paste (DEP). Once the image is dry the pastels very softly seep through the porous paste for a delightful soft coloration. The next step for Polly is to get out the pastels and intensify anything that she wants to enrich with a bit more color. So you see that the porous aspect of this paste is nice for stenciling with the pastels.  Thank you Polly, for sharing this beautiful card on a MAD MAD Thursday!

Now don't forget to visit the rest of the team to see what MADNESS they have been stirring up! And be sure to leave them some love in the way of comments.







9 comments:

rose s. said...

oh wow!! thanks Lynell - big happy face here :D.

Katia said...

Today's post apart and win! this is really amazing, thank you very much for this wonderful gift, I can not wait to get my hands!

Louise said...

Great card Polly, and a very creative use of those fox stencils!

Pam Hornschu said...

Congrats to our three commenters! Each of them always make my day! Fun use of the foxes in your card today, Lynell!

Lyn B said...

What a wonderfully creative card Polly! I love the fox stencil and your card shows how to extend a theme beyond the obvious.

Laura Drahozal said...

Such a sweet card! Very cute.

Janis said...

Hooray!!! I am one of the lucky winners!! THANKS soooo much! I can't wait to get my surprise stencil. I am emailing you right now!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

rose s. said...

luv these little foxes and the colouring is so good (I'm envious :) ). great card.

Janeen said...

Lynell, Just wanted to say thanks again for the win. I love this little Flamingo stencil, he's just so cute. The best way I knew to say thank you was to use him and show you my first creation. The not so often used part is the Spectrum Ink Pad I used. They seem to stay hidden in a drawer.

Post a Comment