Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Zensdays with Lynell and Wayne #6


The diva's challenge #197 is presented by Laura Harms...she is back in the saddle again, welcome back! Glad your little guy is feeling better. The challenge this week is a new tangle by Molly Hollibaugh and it is called ARUKAS (which btw is Sakura spelled backwards). To see the step by step and to see more about the challenge and what Laura has designed click HERE


Manger is paste-embossed with stencil LL334 
Well this is the time of year that is wild for our schedules! Most of you know exactly what I mean. Because I am trying to post several different things today and Christmas is getting closer and closer (has it ever gotten farther and farther?...LOL) anyway Wayne has helped me with this one. My desk is deep in arukas gone astray, so he helped me do the aruka (a great teacher and tangler) this week and I made it into a ZIA/Christmas card (...tis the season). We're a pretty good team that way. If you would like to see his beautiful arukas creation click HERE to go to his Flickr account.









Also I am showing a stentangle creation below by a facebook friend, Lilian. She was kind enough to share a story. Here in her own words is how she discovered stencils and "zentangle" and what she is doing to enrich others lives.

My name is Lilian Soegaard Wogensen, I live in Denmark and am 65 y.o.
I was first introduced to  Zentanglec ca.  3 month ago, and since I have been tangling tangling....
I had to own  "all " zentangle books  and  while reading I got to know about  Dreamweawer's stencils..
They were hard to find in Denmark, but I finally found Stampman in UK, and now I own 8 stencils and want more more....
I make cards and pictures with them in my own style... I never had made cards before....now I think cards/zentangle day and night  !!!


 There is a little story about the use of the umbrella stencil : 
I am a socialworker in a creative shop under a social institution called the Umbrella..
therefor I make cards with  the umbrella stencil as a motiv in different designs, and sell them in the shop, and the money is used for helping people back to life again...


Thank you Lilian for sharing...it sounds like such a worthy cause and I am glad you found something that helps others AND you can also enjoy zen at the same time. Wishing you the best with your cardmaking endeavors! Click HERE to see her umbrella creations.

Here is a card that Lilian made with the apron stencil:



Here are a few more ZIA cards for Christmas, these are collaborations with Wayne:




Stentangle work by Wayne/Card design by Lynell

Materials:
Merry Christmas Stencil
LM298
Nested stocking
DG692
Chevron Stencil
LX7026
Glossy Black Embossing Paste DGKP

Tangles used:
Florz
Bed of Roses

For step-by-step instructions 
on the tangles visit:










Small stockings by Wayne/Lg stocking by Lynell
Materials:

Nested Stocking dies (DG692)
Happy Christmas stencil (LM203)
Matte Black paste (DMBP)

Tangle Patterns used:
Large stocking-Holly and Cubine
Sm stockings-
Tipple
Betweed
Z-trik

For step-by-step instructions on
the tangles visit:

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the stentangled sample cards. Great work!

Nata said...

Very nicely done, all of them! Arukas does work well as a star or the sun doesn't it? Well done.

Ilse said...

That's a lovely Akuras-tile! And your other work is beautiful too!

Anonymous said...

Love the white on the purple and all the other cards are wonderful!

ionabunny said...

I really must take time to tangle. Love Arukas. Looks simple enough, but may cheat and use a ruler on the lines cos my hand isn't that steady. Hugz

jeanchaneyaz said...

Loving your cards. You are so lucky to have someone who shares your passion.

Katia said...

awesome job!

Dragonfly-Artz said...

Lovely Arukas ZIA and wonderful cards. Just beautiful. (Nathalie)

Suzanne Fluhr said...

Lynell, I think the manger/arukas card is really lovely. As you know, I also pictured arukas as the Star of Bethelehem---maybe it's the time of year ;-) Thanks for checking out my funny sign post.:)

Kia said...

very pretty use of arukas as the star

Unknown said...

C'est une jolie carte pour Noël !
Its a very nice Chrismas card !

David Hunter said...

Such beautiful work, Lynell. All of your cards are so creative and beautifully made.

Carmela said...

Wauw your Arukas is very, very beautiful and Lovely shining above the krib of the little baby. Gorgous. You van use iT also as beautiful christmascards. Al the other cards are beauty's and colorful.😄👍

lilystangles said...

All of them are beautiful and creative :)

Viki Banaszak said...

These are all so pretty! Thanks Lilian for sharing your beautiful cards too.

CraftyJo said...

Beautiful - so many ideas to 'pin' ready for next year's christmas card making :)

Annette P.-L. said...

All are beautiful! Especially I like the two last cards! Wonderful colours!

Anne's tangle blog said...

These are so very beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I like your christmas cards but most of all Iove the first tile with the arukas start - it's so lovely and peaceful. Very very nice :-)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive